Finally! I got time to do the Diva’s challenge this week before the deadline. Probably because it’s school holidays and I’ve been taking things a bit slower this week.
I even managed two tiles.
The first one seemed really obvious and I haven’t looked at what other’s have done yet but I’ll bet someone else has done this too:
And the second one I did a string and went more traditional. It’s been awhile since I did a standard string on a tile and just do what ever turns out.
The rest of the week I was working on a bigger tangle in my Moleskine. Really liked how this one turned out. My inspirations were many but started with the Verdigogh on the left. In fact the bottom left Verdigogh stayed on the page by itself for a few days. It looked really nice. But then I just started looking out for plant-like tangles to add. I was particularly inspired by Virginia Burrows Creative Times blog on Tumbler and her flowers here. I don’t know what this tangle is called but I really like it a lot. (ETA 26/10/13 – I think it might be Henna Drum)
I’m nearly to the end of this Moleskine and I ordered a new pocket-sized Moleskine for my next book. It arrived from the great people at Notemaker.com.au this morning. If you’re in Australia and haven’t found them yet – well – maybe that’s a good thing. It will save your hip pocket.
Until next time.
I’m off to look at all the other challenge entries for this week.